Rushville, IL is a community of 3200 people. It offers a variety of restaurants, shopping establishments, a restored movie theater, antique shops and much more. The downtown square includes a picturesque gazebo, restored old buildings, brick-paved streets and many trees.
Rushville is a small community with a strong volunteer base. It is known for its involvement in the arts; with its restored Phoenix Opera House, local community theater group; Pandora’s Playhouse, the phenomenal high school musicals, etc. Whether it’s the annual Arts in the Park Festival, Smiles Day Parade, the Schuyler County Fair, Festival of Trees, the Holiday Home Tour, or any one of the special music events or art galleries featuring local and well-known talent, there is always something going on in this close-knit downstate Illinois community. Fishing & boating, hunting, mushrooming, and many other outdoor activities offer additional enjoyment while visiting the area.
Visit the following sites for more information about the local area:
Rushville Area Chamber of Commerce
ACTIVITIES IN THE LOCAL AREA...
- Horseback riding (15 minute drive)
- Fishing & Boating (Illinois River is 10 miles away & local lakes)
- Antiquing throughout the area
- Unique shopping
- Four area State Parks (within 40 miles)
- Abraham Lincoln historic sites (within 20-60 miles)
- Dickson Mounds State Museum (30 minutes drive)
- Emiquon & Spunky Bottoms Wetland Restoration sites (30 minutes)
- 18 Hole Golf course (10 minute drive)
- Ridge View Winery www.ridgeviewwinery.com (30 minutes)
View our Event Calendar page for events that may be happening during your stay.